Ealing Civic Society Annual Awards 2020
The 2020 awards were presented virtually by James Murray MP for Ealing North on 22 October. The short-listed entries were judged by local architects Harbinder Birdi (who presented the short listed schemes at the ceremony), Anthony Ferguson and Ania Lill. They assessed the 6 shortlisted schemes against 4 criteria:
- fitness for purpose
- contribution to the landscape/townscape
- other factors (energy efficiency, good pedestrian access, anti pollution measures and re-use of materials)
2020 marks the 30th anniversary of the Award. This year the winner of the Award is:
1A Mortimer Road, W13 A 1930s house which has been refurbished and extended into a newly landscaped garden. The architect was Ania Lill. Commended.
The Origami House W13 is a repurposing of an existing home/office garden outbuilding into a new build single storey cross laminated timber family annex designed by KSKa Architects.
Other shortlisted projects were:
- Acton Town Hall W3 (conversion to flats) Alan Camp Architects
- 11 and 13 Ascott Avenue W5 (2 new houses) Chalkline Architectural Services
- West London Sports Centre at the University of West London, W5 (new build) Bond Bryan Architects
- 43 St Albans Ave W4 (house extension and adaptation) Jeff Kahane + Associates