The Society aims to encourage a high standard of architecture, design and fitness for purpose in buildings and other projects throughout the borough. We have an annual award scheme for recent projects which meet our criteria for good design. We’ll be giving out our 2020 annual award and/or commendations at a virtual ceremony on Thursday 22 October at 7.30. We do hope our members and others will Zoom in. All members will be sent the Zoom link in advance, and we will also make it available on the events page of our website. All are welcome. If you are interested in previous awards you can see them on our Award Archive page. Our judges this year are local architects: Harbinder Birdi, Ania Lill and Anthony Ferguson. There will be a presentation with photographs and plans of the 6 shortlisted projects. We are delighted that James Murray, MP for Ealing North, has agreed to present the award.
Our 2020 shortlist is:
- 1a Mortimer Road, W13 (house refurbishment, extension and landscaping)
- Acton Town Hall W3 (conversion to flats)
- 11 and 13 Ascott Avenue W5 (2 new houses)
- West London Sports Centre at the University of West London, W5 (new build)
- Origami House, W13 (house extension and refurbishment)
- 43 St Albans Ave W4 (house extension and adaptation)